Some of the biggest developments in health(care) will be, according to Bank of America:
- Genomics: new gene editing technologies and therapies will transform disease, personalized medicine, food and drug development. This are new technologies like CRISPR-cas9.
- Big Data/AI: an exponential growth of healthcare data and an improvement in AI algorithms will significantly impact how we treat diseases and improve wellness and health.
- Future food: plant-based meat, lab-grown meat, AgTech (agricultural technology e.g. hydroponics, vertical farming, etc), and the development of healthier, more sustainable foods provide huge opportunities.
- Healthtech: wearables, insideables, telemedicine, mobile health, brain-computer interfaces, smart implants (e.g. living drug factories made from engineered cells), nanobots, and brain implants will change how patients are treated, monitored and kept healthy.
- Ammortality: anti-aging biotech will disrupt death and aging-related diseases and pave the way towards ammortality.
Source: Bank of America / Merill Lynch